Custom Search

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chewer jdtmustang is on a distinguished road
    Recieved 2 Thanks in 2 Posts

Alert Solid axle swap on Durango Help PLEASE

I have a 99 Durango I have picked up a set of Dana 60 axles from a older dodge that already has lockers front and rear. But I have no real clue what is the best way to mount them. I have looked on the internet for 3 weeks now and still need a little help. Do I go with leaf spring front or coil overs? Also do I have to do anything to the frame.

Mud Master dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96's Avatar
    Recieved 198 Thanks in 102 Posts

are you going to run the stock engine trany and tcase?
    josh

08 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD drw 4x4 NO GOVERMENT BS

the wheeler 96 dodge ram 1500 5.9 gasser 4x4 50" tires on rocks and tons of dents cause it will fit

D.A.C. Time off for bad behavior

Mud Master KyleQ will become famous soon enough KyleQ's Avatar
    Recieved 44 Thanks in 34 Posts

Um - 4W&OR had a Heavy Metal Mudder project where the stuck a Viper V10 and rocks under a Durango - take a look there. Beyond that - if you are asking how to do it, I think you are in over your head. Leafs are easiest - copy the rear with a beefy hanger up front. If you want to go coilovers, cut a check.
    74' Bronco - 302 - Atlas 2- C4 - 5.5" Lift - 37" Cut & Grooved Boggers - Full Hydro D60 - Lock'd and Disk'd D70
    95' F150 - 302 4R70W BW1356- K&N FIPK - FRPP Shorty Headers - 2" Lift - 34" LTB's - 4.56's - L/S D50 - Trac-Lok 8.8
    78' Bronco - 400M C-6 NP205- 6" Lift - 39.5" Boggers - 5.13's, D60 Detroit, Chromo, 35 Spline - Stearling, Welded, Discs

I am not asking how to do it just what is the best. I have seen the heavy metal mudder and I am not talking that done up. I want to keep the same stuff yes.. The motor has a small cam, headers, msd, and a few others done to it.. The tranny has a 1500 stall and shift kit. tcase is stock for now

Mud Master dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96 has a spectacular aura about dogram96's Avatar

what do you mean older dodge cause pre 94 they are pass side drop tcases and 99s would be driver side drop
    josh

the wheeler 96 dodge ram 1500 5.9 gasser 4x4 50" tires on rocks and tons of dents cause it will fit

came off of a 95 or 96.

After talking with my friend that sold them to me.. There are off of a 96 2500hd. he had them in his mud runner. I wanted to do this so my family can come play with me but today I found a blazer with 1 ton stuff and already set up for a good price so I might just go that way. But still looking into my options.. The Durango looks like a very big project

the swap will be a pretty big project but very doable and they do look very mean in my book with a solid axle under them. If you do the swap on the durango is it going to be just a off roader or is it going to be street and play?
    josh

just off road.. it was the wifes dd till she got a new one for x mas. and since it is paid off why not make it into a play toy.

To be true and not give myself the credit this was more her idea then mine. I have built a few trucks in my time but trucks are easy to do. This solid axle from ifs looks like a big project but she wants it done so she can come play with us men. So I had a long talk with her last night and she wants it done.. And she is giving me till may 1st to have it done... So every help I can get is great. I have desided to go with coil overs. I know its more money but alot nicer of a ride.