PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaarrrrr **** ***** ****

ChevyUnlimited
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
So I was sittin in class when I recieved a message from Ryan(77ford) saying "your cab just fell off" !!!! I had the cab sittin on a trailer while I replaced the floor on it and the shop instructor lifted the front end of the trailer to get a dolly I had sittin under the post and the cab rolled forward and fuked sh!t up! when I got down to the shop it was just resting on the master cylinder and the windshield cracked resting on a steel bench........ carelessness ........ dont people know if it aint your stuff Dont Mess with it!

Nova Bandit
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
So I was sittin in class when I recieved a message from Ryan(77ford) saying "your cab just fell off" !!!! I had the cab sittin on a trailer while I replaced the floor on it and the shop instructor lifted the front end of the trailer to get a dolly I had sittin under the post and the cab rolled forward and fuked sh!t up! when I got down to the shop it was just resting on the master cylinder and the windshield cracked resting on a steel bench........ carelessness ........ dont people know if it aint your stuff Dont Mess with it!

Reading your thread title, I thought this was going to be about pirates!

Anyways.... that sucks man. It's always the worst when you had nothing to do with something getting wrecked. At least then you can say "That was dumb... I won't do that again!"

MrClemons
12-13-2006, 08:10 PM
when i was in school, the teach screwed up my mc on my truck and i got a free replacement, maybe you outa do some chating with people?

WRECK$HIT
12-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Ya Wreck$hit!!!

SuperDirty
12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Wind shield for sale here.(dude I'm like an bambulance chaser)

77fordf-150
12-14-2006, 08:30 AM
Think about this John. You had the cab sitting on the pivot point of the trailer not strapped down or anything. He barely lifted the trrailer and he didn't use any force so obviously that was an accident waiting to happen. I can't even imagine why Jeske let you keep that thing on the trailer. Should have been takin off right away.

MINN 55
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM
we had a corvette on the dyno when the tire blew, it took out the rear quarter panel and the vo-tech i went to replaced the panel. so do some talking to the instructor that screwed your cab up iam sure they will fix it

ChevyUnlimited
12-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Think about this John. You had the cab sitting on the pivot point of the trailer not strapped down or anything. He barely lifted the trrailer and he didn't use any force so obviously that was an accident waiting to happen. I can't even imagine why Jeske let you keep that thing on the trailer. Should have been takin off right away.

It doesnt take much to lift it too much, it was obviously on a pivot point like you say so no one should even mess with it. Either way I have lifted the trailer a few time to postion the dolly... but of course since there is a cab sittin on the trailer that could easily fall off if the front is lifted so therefor i only lifted it up a tad bit just enough to move the dolly. Now its common sense to think that if you just lift it up and the cabs not strapped down or nothing its going to take the weight and fall back. And it should not have been messed with at all without me being there to consent or myself doing it. But whatever **** happens and jeske's havin a professional install a window for me sometime within this year when its closer to being done.

77fordf-150
12-14-2006, 08:20 PM
settle down John. I was just saying that because the kid with the scout was helping Jeske and he said Jeske only lifted it about an inch. You say it was obviously on a pivot point? Then commen sense says if it has a chance to flop backwards then have something under the back of the trailer to prevent that type of accident.

BTW looks nice with the cab on there now.

ChevyUnlimited
12-15-2006, 12:46 AM
yeah, your right i could of taken steps to prevent it. Yeah it looks pretty sweet... be even better once i put that body lift in with it come next week... its comin along

josh88ford
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Anything of that weight shouldn't take that little of effort to move the tounge.

Thats why you see the trailer wheels on the front of boat trailers.

BODY LIFT BODY LIFT. I am suprised chevys just dont come stock with body lifts. Make a body lift that isnt gay. ou have acess to metal, tools and welders. Build the truck for the mud, not for show!

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:21 PM
dude im only putin the body lift in for a cheaper way to get more clearence for bigger tires. Theres nothing wrong with that at all. Its not like its the only lift in the truck... yeah a lot of people keep putting body lifts in for show and **** but not me so dont preach to me about that sh*t i dont wanna hear it.

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:25 PM
John I've told you how to make a cheaper lift even cheaper then a body lift. Custom shackle flip in the rear and longer shackles and drop crossmember in the front. For the shackle flip all you have to do is go to the junk yard and get the front hanger for the rear leafs and mount that in place of the rear hanger. Hell you could probably take the ones off your old frame! But **** why not do things the easy way.. Do something else with your bumper cause they was you make it sound is you're gonna have like 6 inch gap and thats nasty.

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:28 PM
yeah i'll deffinetly have to figure something out with the bumper but thats a later issue

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:30 PM
oh yeah weld up your crossmember under your cab. Looks like there are two cracks by the body mounts. Especially since your going body lift that might make it worse.

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:32 PM
cracks?!, are you sure?... Ill have to check that out.

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:35 PM
from far away there was two lines visible by the body mounts. I didn't look close to really verify just lettin ya know.

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:36 PM
could be just scratches in the paint from puttin it on and ****, guess i'll find out tomarow

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:37 PM
there ain't no paint unless you painted it rust color

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:38 PM
are you talking about the member on the cab itself or the crossmember on the frame its sittin on?

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:42 PM
x-member on the cab...

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:44 PM
oooh never payed to much attention to that.. i hope it not cracked

77fordf-150
12-17-2006, 11:48 PM
yeah you need to pay attention to everything... You probably wouldn't be in this situation if you would have in the first place...

ChevyUnlimited
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
yeah probly, but you learn as go you know what i mean

ChevyUnlimited
12-18-2006, 05:26 PM
damn there are crack in the x member on the cab... another hold back

77fordf-150
12-18-2006, 05:31 PM
just weld it up you should be fine. Or weld a couple pieces of steel on it. If you just weld it up grind out the crack a little bit so your weld will be stronger.

77fordf-150
12-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Oh yeah, before you weld tomorrow check the floor. Gas from Gilby's bronco leaked and went under your truck a little bit. Thanks to that I wasn't allowed to weld today.

ChevyUnlimited
12-18-2006, 05:44 PM
yeah i was gonna use the plasma cutter today and i got everything ready just about started then i look up and gas is flowing toward my truck. I was f*ing pissed. so i just worked on wiring

josh88ford
12-18-2006, 06:26 PM
so....anyone got dibs on the gas in the pan?

ChevyUnlimited
12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
haha theres at least 3 gallons in there, and bout 5 on the floor

77fordf-150
12-18-2006, 11:54 PM
That pan must leak. idk how it could have all gotten on the floor... There is only like an inch of gas in it..

ChevyUnlimited
12-18-2006, 11:59 PM
yeah i actually think i remember somone saying somethin bout one of those pans leakin

ChevyUnlimited
12-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Some dingbat put a dent in the door of my truck... people are so f*ing disrespectful

MrClemons
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
agreed, i had my demo derby car at school and since everyone knew it was for that, they thought it would be fun to break ALL the window's.... good thing i cought the bassturds and i made them clean EVERY speck of glass up, And i still pressed charges=) stupid people...

Jesseman445
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM
josh i think i saw your ford today leaving west

josh88ford
12-22-2006, 06:18 PM
did you get your hearing back yet

HAHA