PDA

View Full Version : Off Subject, but Pluto's no longer a Planet!

ChevyUnlimited
08-28-2006, 10:45 PM
For some odd reason they decided to not consider pluto a planet any longer

MXGIRL88
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
So what is it then? Anyone know?

HELLRAISER
08-29-2006, 10:16 PM
It is now a Dwarf Planet. Because apprently there isnt anything better to worry about these days.

ChevyUnlimited
08-29-2006, 10:58 PM
i guess it doesnt follow the exact orbit of the rest of the things in our solar system does or something

Chapes
08-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Seriously cant they find something else better to do with their time?

SuperDirty
08-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Does that mean my third grade science fair project is invalid? Will I have to go back and repeat that grade or is my diploma grandfathered? My Dog Andy was rather dissapointed when we heard this on the radio He's kinda weird and I told him it's because he was from pluto and he always dreamed of taking a trip home some day.

Nova Bandit
08-30-2006, 02:25 PM
LMAO!

I don't want to live in a world without a planet named Pluto!

gimpy
08-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Apparently it intersects with Saturn's orbit or something, and planets aren't supposed to do that. I didn't know there were rules planets had to follow. Were they informed of these rules?

ox_man
09-03-2006, 06:11 PM
yeah there was a probe or satilite or something sent out Aug 2006. to inform pluto of the changes, but it wont be there until like 2015, talk about snail mail. lol

josh88ford
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
who gives a sh!t if its a planet or not. We're spending billions of dollars on this research of planets and galaxys that really don't matter to 70% of humans, and yet we still can't manage how to cure cancer.

Just like New Orleans. Don't rebuild the damn place when its right in the alley of more hurricanes. But maybe they'll build it, and have another demolish the place and say, "oh, well sh!t, that was a waste of money and time, we're not doing that again."

I do find outer space very amazing stuff. The sun is a star. And we got how many visible stars in the galaxy? Do those "suns" have other planets orbiting it, just like ours? Black holes...what the hell! Does outer space ever end?
For all I know, it could just be a ball hanging from the rear view mirror of a very, very big truck:poke: Trippy stuff