PDA

View Full Version : Street trucks in the mud?

Nova Bandit
04-13-2006, 09:22 AM
Every mud bog I go to, by the end of the weekend, I'll see someone out in the pit in their daily driver. As someone who has owned lifted street trucks, I can understand the desire to test it out...

Has anyone here been guilty of this? Did a weekend of drinking dull your common sense? (doesn't it always?!) If you have done this, did you get away with it, and not break anything major?

HELLRAISER
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Let me be the first to say how annoying it is when your out in a mud pit and youve got some yahoo, who thinks because he has a 3" body lift and all terrain tires, :homes: that he can hit the pit and hang with the big guys. What do you know they end up getting stuck right in the way of everybody else. This very is fustrating:brick: along with the fact of not staying out of the way, and not having the curtosy to the trucks that are big and cant see everything or manuver that well.

So let me just clear up what Im really trying to say!
STAY THE HELL OUT THE WAY

40chevmudder
04-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Amen To That. I Posted On This Subject In The Straps,chains,rope Thread.

Lil Swampy
04-13-2006, 02:59 PM
the pits are for everyone if they dont want small trucks in it they should post tire size limits. not everyone can afford a big truck they deserve to be out there too.

40chevmudder
04-13-2006, 03:21 PM
the pits are for everyone if they dont want small trucks in it they should post tire size limits. not everyone can afford a big truck they deserve to be out there too.
THATS NOT WHAT IAM COMMENTING ON, WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE THE GUY WHO HAS TO MUCH LIQUID COURAGE AND THEN TAKES HIS STOCKER INTO THE PIT WITH NO PULL POINTS OR STRAP AND 10 PEOPLE IN THE BACK WITH NO SEAT BELTS AND THEN SOMEONE GETS HURT AND RUINS THE EVENT FOR EVERYONE. SMALL AND LARGE TRUCKS CAN PLAY TOGETHER IF BUILT FOR IT.

josh88ford
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
i've taken my truck muddin for the first time with the susp. lift, 33's and rebuilt front end. Nothin too tough, mostly 2wd. You cant just go through all the work of lifting your truck yourself and not test it out:arf:

I know for sure i wouldnt be taking it to places like the site video has. Im almost thinking of selling my truck and getting two, one for street show and one for mud, like a little jeep

HELLRAISER
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
I wasnt meaning people that couldnt afford to go big. Hell this is my first year my truck is going to be that big, 40chev hit the nail on the head though.

ol'e blue
04-15-2006, 01:06 AM
i to agree we can all play together but WATCH WHERE THE F.U.C.K. YOUR GOING
the bigger trucks can't stop on a dime and the windshield is always full of mud so you cant see the best anyway:truck: :iagree:

Nova Bandit
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
:iagree:

This is very true. People always everyone else to stop for them. They don't understand that a big ass mud truck might have a harder time stopping, let alone seeing them.