PDA

View Full Version : the end of the yota

Lil Swampy
03-07-2006, 11:48 AM
was at a friends house who has some trails .there was about 6" of snow and i was following him across a hillside he stopped and when i stopped i slid down a hill and in between two trees and one on the side keeping me from rolling over. we tried to pull the truck up but it wouldnt budge. after about 3 hours we decided to cut one of the trees down and send it straight down the hil. it worked but the motor knocked really bad from running sideways.i quess it wasnt getting any oil! i gave the truck to nova and he had 2 rods hanging out rhe block within half an hour but it still drove into the garage now thats tough.:doh:

jonesy250f_101
03-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Oh man that sucks bad, suprised it made it home

Nova Bandit
03-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I was suprised as hell when I pulled it into the shop and saw two rods sticking out the oil pan! I knew I had messed it up (trying to climb a dirt pile) but the thing still ran! I couldn't believe it! I'm sold on Toyotas for durability!

HELLRAISER
03-10-2006, 01:01 AM
(trying to climb a dirt pile) but the thing still ran! I couldn't believe it! I'm sold on Toyotas for durability!

You just werent beating on it hard enough. But if you seen the pics swampy wasnt that easy on it, so it could be considered TUFF.

Mudstradamus
03-12-2006, 02:24 AM
swampy doesn't know the meaning of easy he works his daily driver harder than most people run rental cars

we were out hunting a couple winters ago and he slid his truck down a hill into a ravine and some trees and it didn't phase him he invented the saying drive it like you stole it

it only took about 300 to 400 feet of chain,rope, strap to get him out
thats a lot of phone calls to make to get that much chain:beers: :truck:

Nova Bandit
03-12-2006, 02:29 AM
And who was it that finally was able to pull him up the hill with two feet of snow on it? That's right. This guy!

Luckily I had just got new tires on my truck.

I actually miss that truck quite a bit. It was a 1998 Chev Silverado. Black extended cab, dark tinted windows, leather, fully loaded.

It had a 6" Superlift lift kit, Firestone Airbags in the rear, 35" tires, custom true dual exhaust with crossover, Hypertech programmer, K&N filter. That truck ripped!

Mudstradamus
03-12-2006, 02:36 AM
hey nova that was a sweet truck got any pics:worthless:

Nova Bandit
03-12-2006, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I'll have to throw some pics up in another thread. Wouldn't want to hijack this one!