PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of Bio Diesel

User Removed
02-16-2006, 07:29 PM
As everyone knows the prices of Diesel is quite high, and the media had been inundating the public with tales of cheap fuel produced in the U.S.. Does anyone know just how would one switch over to Bio Diesel and is it even worth it? Is it true that the vehicle emmits an odor resembeling french fries?

I am posting this since the truck we use to pull our mudder is a diesel. (Just incase you're wondering)

Thanks,

Roxie:whip:

Lil Swampy
02-16-2006, 07:34 PM
it would be great if everones exhaust smelt like french fries but then i would weigh about 4 bills

Nova Bandit
02-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Mmmm... French Fries...

I believe that BCT tried this for a while. Hopefully he'll put in his two cents.

sennister
02-16-2006, 09:09 PM
There is nothing to it. You just fill up and run Bio. The problem is that it gels up at about 40-50 deg. So in Minnesota it can be had to use. Many vehicles have dual tanks one with regular diesel to start with and then they switch over. If you were only wanted to use it in the summer you wouldn't have to do this.

As for the odor it does not always smell like french fries. It smells like what ever was cooked in the original oil so if you got it from a McDonalds type place yes french fries. If it came from a Chinese place then like wontons and egg rolls. Chicken place then like chicken. You get the idea.

Here are some links

http://www.freedomfuelamerica.com/

http://www.biodieselamerica.org/

Lo4Sho
02-16-2006, 11:48 PM
Did someone say french fries?

Cleatus
02-17-2006, 08:15 AM
mmmmmmm fried anything.....

89Orion
02-26-2006, 04:47 PM
They had an episode on Trucks! about making your own. I have the video saved on my computer and can post it if anyone wants to see it.

Nova Bandit
02-27-2006, 12:40 AM
Sure, post a link! I think I've seen that episode. Don't they run it in a newer Dodge? I'd like to see it again, though.

77fordf-150
02-27-2006, 12:53 AM
that show is pretty cool but it seems they are just reruns most of the time so I don't watch anymore. I was following that powerwagon build up with the rockwells but stopped as it took him forever to give updates.

Nova Bandit
02-27-2006, 10:05 AM
that show is pretty cool but it seems they are just reruns most of the time so I don't watch anymore. I was following that powerwagon build up with the rockwells but stopped as it took him forever to give updates.
I'm getting kinda off topic, but Trucks does take forever to get to the end of a project. The one that got me hooked was the Copperhead truck. There was about a 6 month gap between the second to last episode and the final episode. And the thing that got me was there were new episodes inbetween, and whats-his-name kept mentioning that they'd back to Copperhead soon.

So. BioDiesel. I'll have to give it a shot if I ever build a diesel mud truck! If I ever build a mud truck. If I ever have a place to build a mud truck. If I ever have money to get a place to build a mud truck. If I ever have money.

Yeah.

89Orion
02-28-2006, 03:40 PM
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/296165/fullsize/biodiesel.ram

Nova Bandit
03-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Stacey burns the tires off of everything he gets into, doesn't he??

That makes me wish I had a Diesel!